Wedding is considered to be one of the most auspicious moments in a girl’s life. They will ensure that they are in the best of their attire. In India, mostly Hindus wear sarees on their wedding day unlike the western countries as women wear wedding gowns during their wedding ceremony. Even Catholics wear a wedding gown in India. Wedding sarees are usually made with designer works and the fabric used for such occasion is Chiffon, Georgette, Silk etc. Most of the Indian weddings prefer red color sarees as it is considered as a good omen since they are bright in color.
Usually in India after a girl is married, she will continue to wear a saree in her husband’s home even though she might have never worn a saree throughout her life. This is the tradition of the Indian culture.
The color red for wedding sarees makes the wedding a special occasion. Moreover, the beauty of the saree is created due to the gorgeous thread work which comes in golden as well as silver colors. These colors and designs enhance the whole atmosphere of a wedding and every member of the family attending the wedding will have their focus of the sarees of the bride. Most of the sarees are designed by reputed fashion designers and the range for such kind of sarees can be anywhere from $300 onwards up to $2,000 or even more. Some of the important facts which have to be taken into consideration before choosing bridal or wedding sarees are mentioned here below.
- As we all know that choosing sarees for a wedding can be very tiring and tedious job and women are bound to get confused with the different types and styles of bridal wear that are available on display. Therefore more attention has to be given to the fabric of the wedding saree.
- Though most women prefer pure silk saree as their bridal wear, these days there are other fabrics available which are in the form of Georgette, Satin and Chiffon.
- Though red color is considered to be the best wedding saree color for any bride, there are other colors which can be taken as an option. Colors such as white and pink also add glamour to the bride when it is combined with the amount of jewelry on their body and the color of their skin.
- Designer sarees must also have embroidery work in zardosi, semi precious stones, bead work, resham and mirror work. If you are still confused, you can get advice and suggestions from a bridal wear fashion designer.
- If budget is not a problem, bridal wear designers can provide the best saree for a woman planning to get married.
With so many wedding sarees outlets opened all over India and overseas, these days would-be brides have a vast array of choices to choose their wedding outfits. Moreover, we must remember that wedding and designer sarees are worn only on the wedding day and then it is kept in safe custody and is again worn during the couple’s 10th, 25th, 35th and 50th wedding anniversary.
Get our secret Tips and Tricks to your inbox.