1. You obviously must start with asking the person out on a date and when you do so, don’t ask them when they are accompanied by a group of friends. This will make the process a lot harder for you, a lot more stressful for them, and it will cause a general feeling of tension that is hard to overcome.
2. Don’t try to ask someone out with a little help from your friend Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. Alcohol will not make it easier, but it will make it a lot more difficult for you to be taken seriously by the object of your affections.
3. If you are the person on the receiving end of the date in question, don’t play around or mess with the person that is asking. This will only make it tougher for them and will only generate a little bad karma for you, just don’t do it!
4. While lunches may be the most convenient spot or time for a first date, if you must go in the evening then go relatively early and don’t plan too much. It is hard enough to plan a date, but even harder when you don’t know much about the other person at all.
5. Fill your car’s CD player or radio presets with comfortable, up beat music that will get the date off to a good solid start. While it is difficult to plan a date it shouldn’t take all of the fun out of the date. Have fun even though it is tough to plan.
6. You have already gone through so much to plan a date, don’t mess it all up by being a procrastinator and leaving at the last minute. Don’t make them wait and be on time to give a good, positive initial impression of yourself.
7. Make sure that while you plan a date you are organizing all of the pertinent information for that date. Have directions if you are going somewhere unfamiliar, have their phone number if you need to call, and know when the place you are going opens and closes.
8. Ensure that your apartment, house, or car is clean and tidy and ready for company because you don’t want to make the wrong impression. This is why so many people fear the opportunity to plan a date, there are any number of things that can go wrong or appear wrong. You can only do what you can do!
9. When you go through all of the trouble to plan a date remember that it is possible that this could actually develop into something real and serious. Make sure that you are mentally prepared before you plan such a date.
10. When you plan a date make sure that you are planning something that can be conducive to the learning process for two individuals. Planning a loud concert or quiet movie and nothing more for a first date means the second date will just be another first date, which is never fun!