Each year, many couples decide to nix a splashy wedding ceremony and celebration and instead elope to Washington State. Washington State and the Pacific Northwest offer some of the most fantastic elopement locations and venues for a couple and with picturesque mountains, water, countryside and much more, this State offers many wedding site options.
As you consider “where” to elope in Washington State, here are 6 fun location ideas for your easy and small wedding ceremony:
1) Leavenworth, Washington – A two-hour ride from Seattle, Leavenworth is a sweet little German town that welcomes weddings of all sizes in a big day. Here, you can find quaint inns and bed and breakfast places offering elopement packages at affordable rates, especially during off-season. While in Leavenworth, you can get married, enjoy a great overnight or two at a special place and perhaps celebrate your wedding bliss by taking advantage of many of the guided outdoor adventures – cross-country skiing, white water rafting or hiking.
2) Ruby Beach and the Washington State Coast – The Coast of Washington is a big place and little known Ruby is a beautiful and mesmerizing place to exchange wedding vows. Ruby Beach is located just South of Forks, Washington. Once you reach Ruby Beach, you and your officiant and witnesses can take a short hike down to the ocean and get married waterside. Consult the tide schedule to insure a best time for your ceremony and also take a peek at the map and Washington State ferry schedule as you plan your journey to the Washington Coast. For instance, if you are traveling to Ruby Beach from Seattle, it will take you 4-6 hours to get there, depending on what route you take.
3) Ashford, Washington (Mount Rainier) – If you and your Sweetheart are outdoor enthusiasts, consider getting married near or at the base of Mount Rainier. Eloping to the Ashford area and Mt. Rainier is best in the Spring and Summer season and the surrounding area offers luxurious as well as rustic accommodations for your wedding night.
4) Tulalip Resort & Casino – Calling all casino lovers! Believe it or not, the popular Tulalip Casino & Resort hosts a number of small and intimate wedding ceremonies each year. Located one hour North of Seattle, this plush resort not offers a fabulous casino but a wonderful resort where you can snuggle in and relish in your new married status!
5) The San Juan Islands (on the ferry or Island) – There is nothing more fun than getting married on a Washington State Ferry and/or hitching a ride on ferry and getting married on a Puget Sound island. Orcas Island and San Juan Island are two of the most popular “marrying islands” in Washington and offers a wide variety of locations and venues. Contact the Chamber of Commerce on both Islands for venue information.
6) Port Townsend, Washington – This seaside town is a favorite for couples in Washington State who want to elope but don’t want to travel too far. Port Townsend offers waterside locations as well as city parks for your wedding ceremony. And if you want to be married in a historic castle, check out Port Townsend’s Manresa Castle!