Corsets were historically used to hold and form the waistline into an attractive hourglass shape. Though most people think of these as undergarments, with some careful wardrobe choices, the corset can also be worn in public. This is what makes them special. It can transition from underwear to outer wear with little effort. Here are some ideas on how to wear a corset in public.
- Lace up your bustier over a pretty white blouse. The details on this lovely piece of garment will stand out beautifully against the white fabric. Also, the fabric barrier between you and the corset will make it more comfortable to wear for a long period of time. You can wear an under bust OR over bust one with this style.
- Wear it with your pants or jeans. Pants can ground it for every day wear. Make sure the corset is long enough to overlap your pants’ waist. Because a top like this is a very sensual article of clothing, it may look a little too inappropriate in public with skin showing. Add a blazer if you wish to cover up a little more.
- Pair it with a pencil skirt and heels. Although this may not be appropriate for work, it is a daring look for a night out on the town.
- DO consider wearing a corset as part of your wedding ensemble. Pair a white beaded corset over a tea-length or full-length lace skirt. It is a beautiful alternative to the traditional wedding dress.
- Wear an under bust one over a v-neck body suit for some added shape and sexuality.
- Wear a pair of tight cropped pants or hot pants with a bustier for an incredibly sexy look. Finish with a pair of dramatic earrings or pretty necklace to draw attention to your face.
- Do not wear it with a full skirt (unless for a wedding) or you may look like you are wearing a costume.
- Stay away from mini skirts with a corset, or you run the risk of looking trashy.
- Do not wear an under bust one in public without a shirt underneath.
- Consider other shoe options aside from boots when wearing this outfit. Boots may take your outfit in a cowboy themed direction that you may not want.
These are beautiful and functional pieces of clothing. Once only used for waist-trimming and lingerie, they are now major players in the world of fashion. These tips will help you wear your corset in fashionable and alternative ways.
Get our secret Tips and Tricks to your inbox.