At the moment, the average expenses of a wedding can amount to as much as $ 10,000. These are the modest weddings. A number of families know that there are alternatives to a dream wedding. A dream wedding has a nightmare price tag attached to it. But did you know that you can plan a dream wedding on a budget?
If your daughter is about to get married and want to have a dream wedding on a budget, research each opportunity out there that will allow you to save as much as possible. You should also try to look into efforts that can help stretch your buck, especially if you are on a budget.
How to Plan a Dream Wedding on a Budget
1. Start with a plan. Of course you need to plan if you want a dream wedding on a budget. This will make the whole procedure coherent. Regardless of being weeks, months or year, there must be the right amount of time period for the wedding to be planned. This is essential because it makes the whole process organized, less complicated and less daunting. Keep a notebook where you can keep records of the names and phone numbers of people involved. You can also compare prices of your options here while planning a dream wedding on a budget.
2. Books and Magazines. Bridal magazines are a big help in planning a dream wedding on a budget. Problem is, these can be so expensive. You're lucky if you get free copies from department stores, bridal registry desks, floral shops and bridal shops. Better guides offer information on all aspects in the whole engagement, from the planning to the honeymoon. You can take note of your preference, desires, needs and plans. You can mix and match. Take for example, getting inspiration on the bow of one gown, the sleeves from another, and the lace from the third. Just by flipping through these magazines, one may have an idea of what she wants before going off to the dress shops and florists. This will allow her to save money, time and effort to have a dream wedding on a budget.
3. Be your own consultant. Ask yourself if you really need a consultant. If you think that this is not really a necessity, that you can actually make all the planning and the consultation on your own, then you can save money and still have a dream wedding on a budget. If you have the time to figure out the best prices and alternate choices by yourself, then you do not have to spend on bridal consultants' fees. There is a great deal in the prices of printers, florists, bakeries combined. If you visit the one that you will settle for in the end, then you will be able to save hundreds of dollars. If you are opting for a church wedding, then personally go to the church where you want your special day to be held.
4. Be your own wedding planner. The more you read up on weddings, the more you will be able to know what is needed on the special day. A lot of brides-to-be have bridal consultants with them in every step of the way but that can be very expensive. Since you are already on a tight budget, then it would be really practical if you plan the event yourself and have a dream wedding on a budget. Ask around about florists and other stores that can help in decorating the church. You can also be there during rehearsals so that everyone involved will do exactly what you want them to do. Just in case you need help, then you can turn to a close friend or a relative as your assistant.
5. Stick to your budget. That's the most important thing on planning a dream wedding on a budget. Estimate your expenses, the total and the percentage of what you may actually be spending. Budget serves as the guideline. It does not have to be accurate but it enables you to control over the possible expenditures.
Get our secret Tips and Tricks to your inbox.