The Roman Empire used tattooing as a method of labeling slaves and criminals as a form of punishment. When Christianity spread, slavery and the use of tattoos on them ended gradually but a number of them still had them on. Younger generations admired these tattoos and began getting them done on a voluntary basis. Today, the Roman numeral tattoos have gained popularity with some celebrities actually supporting them.
The tattoos are probably loved because of how unique and simple they look. They also keep people guessing as to what the number tattooed means to the wearer. You can get a unique tattoo using the roman numerals I, II, III, IV, and so on. Here are a few tips on how you can have a unique Roman numeral tattoo.
1. Choose a Roman numeral tattoo that has your birthday date or the birth date of a loved one such as your spouse or your child. They are appreciative and serve as constant reminders.
2. When looking at a unique tattoo, choose an event date that you treasure. You can have the date inked together with a small image such as your national flag or any other image that is relevant to the event that you have selected to have tattooed. You can choose historical dates to pay homage to favorite architects, explorers, rulers and inventors as well depending on what matters to you.
3. If you have a lucky number, have it tattooed in Roman numerals. If you are a numerology enthusiast, then you can also consider a series of numbers tattooed to represent your name or the name of a loved one.
4. Apart from birth dates, you can also have other important dates tattooed. They can include death anniversaries of loved ones and wedding anniversaries among others.
5. Choose a unique Roman numeral tattoo design or style to match your interests. Some of the best areas you can have a Roman numeral tattoo inked include around your wrist, down your neck, back, around the ankle, inside your arm, down your spine, lower back, on the rib cage and around the biceps. Tattoos done around the fingers or on the fingers can also be very stylish and unique. The secret is to make sure that you choose an area you are most comfortable with.
6. When it comes to the representation, decide whether the tattoo should be horizontal, vertical diagonal or round. The body part or area that you choose to have the tattoo on can determine the style that is befitting. For instance, a Roman numeral tattoo on the neck is better looking when done vertically or running down the neck compared to horizontal. If you are getting it on your wrist, consider a circular representation around the wrist as compared to just having it inked on top of the wrist.
7. Combine the numerals with attractive symbols or small images to give them a complete elegant look. You can have them placed randomly around the tattoo or at a specific area you prefer.
Get our secret Tips and Tricks to your inbox.