Many drivers fail to pass for a limousine chauffeur every year. It is a profession that requires many skills to succeed. Driving is primary and irreplaceable skill. However, it is not enough. There are much more qualities that a good chauffeur must posses and learn to become a professional qualified limousine chauffeur.
Driving a limousine is not the same deal as driving a cab or a school bus. By becoming a limousine driver, the candidate should learn many habits to fit into the standard of luxury transportation. It will help you with your employee and will set the standards of the service you provide to your customer. Also, if the feedback of the performance of a chauffeur ir positive, the company will reward him/her with higher earnings.
A good chauffeur will always treat the client with respect and treat the client’s wishes as a top priority. The idea here is to make the trip for the customer as perfect as it can be. That includes the temperatures in the limousine, the type of the drinks includes or the style of the music that is playing. Small details will definitely make a difference. However, sometimes the wishes of the client must not be fulfilled. If the client asks you to go over the speed limit or do any other illegal mover, the driver must not obey. Safety of the client is more important than couple of minutes of saved time.
After the limo chauffeur learns how to treat the customer with respect he/she can start looking deeper into the short but important relationship between the customer and the chauffeur. The driver must learn how to read the customer without asking. However, this skill comes with experience and years.
Take a look at the essential skills that a good limousine chauffeur must posses. It applies both for the experienced chauffeur as well as for the beginners.
– Always introduce yourself. If you are on a long run or a charter, give the client your cell phone number.
– Always open the door for the customer. If there is luggage, help load the luggage.
– Always help disabled people and elderly clients.
– Always dress well. Black/white are the best colors if the company does not tell you otherwise. Dress in a suit or a tuxedo for weddings.
– Clean your car before every run. Get new ice if it melted. Get new drinks if you ran out.
– Be always polite. Address tho the customer by Mr or Mrs and say thank you.
– Be strong and confident. Never act against the law and be in charge every minute of the run.
– Never argue with the client or use profane language.
– Do not talk with a phone with a client in the car. However, if you must speak with dispatch, make it as short as possible.
– Never ask the customer for direction unless it was specified upon the reservation.
– Never stop for gas or to make a bathroom break.
– Never act against you company. Do not complaint to the customer about your job.
– Act as a salesman. If the client asks you about your work, your job is to sell the company and yourself to the client.
Get our secret Tips and Tricks to your inbox.