You want to give something but the occasion says it shouldn't be too much. Or the whole family is getting together to celebrate a birthday, Thanksgiving, or Christmas and that means 45 presents. You want to give something to every one in your class. Or your budget will soon reach the red ink stage.
What should you do? Here you'll find ideas for items that cost less than $5, but each gift can still have special meaning.
1. A swimmer can always use a new set of ear plugs.
2. Someone who works nights will love a new night shades for sleeping.
3. If your grandma travels, get her small travel bottles of lotion, hairspray and deodorant.
4. Everyone can use a new lint remover mitt.
5. A luxury item is sachet bags to hang in closets or place in drawers.
6. A coffee mug with their name or a picture that represents something about the recipient.
7. Most women will appreciate a bottle of bubble bath.
8. Any woman will love mini tote bags to hold and organize items in their purse.
9. A coin purse will be easier to find in a purse and fit easily in a man's pocket.
10. Everyone goes shopping. Get them shopping pads to hang on the refrigerator door.
11. Get padded velvet or satin coat hangers. They come in pretty colors.
12. Find a key chain that represents the recipient's hobby.
13. Jigsaw puzzles will help fill the hours for your stay at home grandmother.
14. Wind chimes will add a cheerful note on almost any day.
15. Everyone has items they keep. Give them decorative boxes to organize them.
16. Decorative baskets hold and organize things throughout the house.
17. Get a special perfumed bar of soap.
18. Anyone who travels will love a fold up travel toothbrush.
19. Bath oils will soothe her skin.
20. Coffee lovers will appreciate small bags of flavored coffee.
Get our secret Tips and Tricks to your inbox.