Sometimes it takes a village, and as moms and dads, we know this to be true! Entertaining a little one is a big job, so here are a few ideas to make that baby smile!
Halloween this year was an opportunity to get a great big smile and lots of giggles from our own son. Dad decided to dress up as our son’s favorite live action show host – D.J. Lance Rock! The stunned surprise of our son was priceless and it didn’t just cause him to laugh and giggle but all of us too.
When raising a child or two or three…we all need to add some levity to our life once in awhile, remember what it’s like to be a kid and enjoy the laughter. The funniest part of that Halloween costume was the next time the show aired, our son looked at the show’s host, DJ Lance Rock, pointed and said, “Daddy”!
Are you in need of easy ways to make your child giggle and wiggle and dance and have fun? Well, bring out your inner child and remember that it’s the simplest wonders in life that will make your child awestruck with wonder and tickle their funny bone.
Here are a few easy ways to make your baby laugh!
- Blow bubbles into a glass of water, through a straw
- Tie two helium balloons to Grandpas ears on 12″ strings and have him wiggle his head.
- Attach a suction cup toy to your forehead and talk in a funny voice.
- Make a raisin box whistle. Use an empty box of raisins, at open end cup mouth into opening tightly so no air will escape and blow.
- Pretend to tickle yourself and laugh and wiggle. Your child will soon try to tickle you and make you laugh. Keep up the giggling and wiggling
Remember with everything you do, to look at it through a child’s eyes. What makes it new, unique, potentially funny? I have found that just reacting in a big way to many of my child’s antics often gets giggles out of him, and of course, making silly sounds with almost everything I do always makes him happy and wanting to make those sounds too. Now, I just need to be aware to not make those silly sounds when my son’s not around – people tend to look at me funny.